Port Finance International Events - covering global port developments

Search site

RSS
Monday, 26 May 2014

Yilport acquires Swedish terminal and looks into other opportunities

Gävle Container Terminal Gävle Container Terminal GCT

Turkish operator Yilport has acquired a container terminal in Sweden and is now looking into other opportunities to develop satellite ports to support it.

Yilport, which operates four terminals in Turkey and one in Malta, acquired last month 80% of the shares in Gävle Container Terminal (GCT), with the Gävle municipality retaining the other 20%.

Yilport says that it will upgrade the equipment, including cranes, and the Terminal Operating System (TOS). It aims to make Gävle the second largest container terminal in Sweden after Gothenburg by introducing it to a network of liners, forwarders, exporters and importers.

“We will expand its activities through increased integration with the dry bulk and liquid terminals of the Gävle Hamn” (port), Yilport says.

“We are actively looking into other opportunities to develop satellite ports to support GCT and create a corridor between the Baltic region, Gävle and Oslo which will put GCT at the centre of the activity between East and West.”

ABOUT US

Port Finance International provides online news and conferences worldwide. It is a platform and a community for senior industry experts and players to review and discuss the market. Our online news team provides daily coverage of international port finance, investment and operations news. A weekly e-newsletter- sent to readers free of charge - covers the key news and views of the week.

Port Finance International's conferences and training programmes are held across the globe. These events feature key industry figures and they address market challenges and trends as well as providing industry players with essential networking opportunities.

Follow us

Newsletter

Sign up for our free newsletter